Bryan W. Steele
Bryan Steele is the founder and Managing Director of Jireh-Tek Limited, an IT consultancy established in February 2006 with a strong focus on the hospitality sector. He has 19 years of international IT and business experience gained in a number of sectors: FMCG, Speciality Chemicals, Internet and Hospitality.
Mr. Steele was the first European member of the Hotel Technology Next Generation Board (www.htng.org) and continues to work with the Board as an Executive Advisor. He is actively involved with HTNGís Integration and Device Forum, focused on technology and service delivery to guests, where he has chaired a number of workgroups specifying standard industry solutions.
Mr. Steele is a member of the BAHA IT Committee (British Association of Hospitality Accountants) soon to be renamed HOSPA (Hospitality Professionals Association) better recognising the IT constituency within the organisation. He was a founding member of the Micros Fidelio Opera User Group, which he chaired from 2002 to 2006. He has spoken at a number of industry events including those organised by HTNG, HFTP, Hostec- EurHotec and Eye-for-Travel.
Consultancy engagements have included:
- Requirements definition and system selection for the guest in room entertainment solution for an international hotelier.
- Defining the operational and IT landscape for an hotel developer in Dubai. This included designing the operations model and above property delivery of IT to the hotels and administration offices.
- E-Procurement process definition and systems selection for an international hotelier.
- IT due diligence for a venture capital company considering a major acquisition.
- A 5 year technology strategy whitepaper for an international hotelier.
- Folio data project for a major credit card company.
Mr. Steele was the Director of IT and a member of the Senior Management Team from 2002 to 2006 at Thistle Hotels, a £300m company comprising 50 hotels and 10,500 rooms operating under the Thistle and Guoman brands. He had responsibility for all Information and Communication Technology.
Before joining Thistle Hotels, Mr. Steele was the European IT Director of CMGI Inc. which incubated a number of .com companies. Prior to that, he held a number of senior IT and engineering management roles within Unilever plc over a 19 year period.
Mr. Steele can be contacted at 44-7748-111-333 or Bryan.Steele@Jireh-Tek.co.uk