Hilton Garden Inn Survey Reveals Americans Consider Value and Comfort Most Important
MEMPHIS, TN - March 1, 2010 - A newly released Hilton Garden Inn survey conducted by Opinion Research Corp. * revealed that when booking a hotel for a “big day”, the majority of Americans surveyed value a comfortable bed just as much as they do like a good hotel rate. More than three fourths of Americans (80 percent) consider the best value for the rate most important, followed by 76 percent who think a comfortable bed is the most important amenity to consider when booking a room.
The survey also revealed Americans consider both personal and business-related “big days” important. The most popular personal occasions involved spending time with others including road trips with family/friends (64%), family reunions (49%), wedding anniversaries (43%), graduation celebrations (42%) and significant other’s birthdays (40%) while trade shows/conventions (35%), job interviews (22%) and client presentations (14%) topped the business-related occasions list.
“Whether for business or pleasure, Hilton Garden Inn understands how important big days are to our guests, which is why we’ve developed the 'Big Day' theme across all of our marketing efforts,” said Jim Cone, Hilton Garden Inn, Vice President Brand Marketing “When tomorrow’s a big day, stay HGI tonight.”
While Hilton Garden Inn hosts guests for both business and pleasure, the majority of the hotel’s guests check-in for business-related occasions. The survey revealed these business travelers spend a lot of time on the road, averaging at least eight business trips per year. The survey also revealed the following business travel trends:
- Monday is the most frequent night for business travelers to stay overnight
- Female business travelers are more likely than men to miss the comfort of their bed while on the road for business (43% vs. 29%), while men are more likely to miss a home cooked meal (36% vs. 16%)
- Women are more likely than men to enjoy having someone clean up after them (71% vs. 58%), have breakfast made by someone else (62% vs. 49%) and have the bed to themselves (51% vs. 37%)
- Just more than half (53%) of experienced business travelers recommend setting two alarms the day of a big meeting
Hilton Garden Inn is an upscale, yet affordable choice that delivers across five key pillars to ensure the stay before those big days is as pleasurable as it is cost-efficient:
- Sleep Deep: Americans say a comfortable bed is the most important amenity when booking a hotel, whether traveling for business or pleasure. Hilton Garden Inn’s adjustable Garden Sleep System® beds conform to your body with a variety of firmness settings and also feature a 100% wool mattress topper to regulate and maintain proper body temperature. Instead of constantly tossing and turning looking for a comfortable sleep position, you’ll spend more time in deep, Stage 4, REM sleep with the Garden Sleep System bed. Studies have shown the more REM sleep you get, the more refreshed you wake up in the morning, ready to tackle your big day. Work Smart: Almost half of Americans surveyed (48%) consider complimentary Internet/Wi-Fi access an important amenity. Hilton Garden Inn offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel, in addition to the complimentary business center with computer access and remote printing capabilities, even from your Blackberry or smart phone.
- Eat Well: More than half (53%) of travelers say they secretly love having breakfast made by someone else. A fresh, prepared-to-order breakfast
featuring waffles, real eggs, omelets, pastries and anything else you could
want for breakfast, is offered daily in Hilton Garden Inn restaurants, while
the Pavilion Pantry mini-market is open 24-hours to grab a quick bite.
Stay Fit: To avoid any hiccups in your workout routine, Hilton Garden Inn offers well equipped complimentary fitness centers as well as another unique offering - the ‘Stay Fit Kit®’ which provides guests an in-room workout that includes a pilates band, yoga mat, strap and bricks, abs ball, hand weights, resistance rope and instruction cards with suggested exercises.
- Treat Yourself: Be sure you take the time to enjoy yourself to get ready for your Big Day, or celebrate your Big Day! Indulge in popcorn or ice cream from the Pavilion Pantry while enjoying an in-room movie. For more information about why Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect choice for your big day, visit www.HGI.com
About Hilton Garden Inn:
Hilton Garden Inn is the award-winning, upscale, yet affordable hotel brand that continually strives to ensure today’s busy travelers have everything they need to be most productive on the road — from complimentary wired and Wi-Fi Internet access in all guestrooms and PrintSpotsTM remote printing to the hotel’s complimentary 24-hour business center to one of the most comfortable beds you will ever experience with the Garden Sleep System®. So whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the amenities and services for travelers to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. For more information about Hilton Garden Inn locations throughout North America and Europe or to find your next getaway, please visit www.HGI.com or call 1-877-STAY-HGI.