Mr.

By , ,

Mr. can be contacted at Extended Bio...

HotelExecutive.com retains the copyright to the articles published in the Hotel Business Review. Articles cannot be republished without prior written consent by HotelExecutive.com.

Receive our daily newsletter with the latest breaking news and hotel management best practices.
Hotel Business Review on Facebook
RESOURCE CENTER - SEARCH ARCHIVES
General Search:

MARCH: Hotel Human Resources 2015: Recruiting and Retaining the Best Employees

Steve Curtin

Business as usual produces the usual results: average quality delivered by uninspired employees. There are far too many companies known for providing ordinary customer service - or worse. And there are far too many employees who are content to simply execute the mandatory job functions for which they are paid, unaware of the myriad opportunities missed to delight customers. But for those companies that refuse to accept an unremarkable reputation by default and, instead, take steps to define and communicate their purpose and foster a corporate culture that inspires employees to deliver their best work, READ MORE

Shayne  Paddock

It's engagement season! How is your hotel or brand driving customer loyalty and striving for that long-lasting relationship? If you want travelers to opt-in and engage with your digital marketing effort, they need to be wooed. Wooing, however, takes time and it takes finesse. More importantly, it takes precision in knowing just the right thing to say and when to say it. In "Engaging with Customers Beyond their Stays," Shayne Paddock, CIO of ZDirect, details the importance of using Hotel Marketing Automation to build customer trust and a desire for two-way communication. READ MORE

Joe Stanton

It is estimated that only 48% of travelers write and post travel reviews online. But since a hotel’s online review scores contribute to everything from occupancy to RevPAR (revenue per available room) to profits, encouraging the remaining 52% of casual visitors to become social advocates for the brand is of critical importance. Luring these guests to action requires changes to both a hotel’s operations and its marketing campaigns. While the specific recommendations made in this article may seem time-consuming, the results gained from improved social review scores make the investment well worth it for motivated hotel operators. READ MORE

Tom O'Rourke

This article discusses how hotel mobile apps can help create guest loyalty and retention by creating unique experiences and providing great utility that makes the property stand out from the competition. Ultimately, the idea is that a hotel app can be used as a competitive advantage and convince the guest to book at that property the next time they need accommodations. READ MORE

Coming Up In The May Online Hotel Business Review


Feature Focus
Hotel Sustainable Development: Responsible Decision-Making for the Near and Long-term
The subject of sustainability has gained considerable momentum in recent years. There has been an increasing awareness among hotel owners and investors regarding the environmental impacts of hotel development and operations, such that sustainability issues have now permeated nearly every aspect of the industry. Despite the lack of clear metrics which makes the issue difficult to quantify, there is a growing consensus about the definition of what sustainability is, and its essential importance in the everyday, decision-making process. Simply put, sustainability seeks to balance financial, social and environmental factors to facilitate responsible business decision-making over the near and long term. How those factors are balanced may differ from company to company, but there are several fundamental issues about which there is little dispute. First, sustainability has become an important factor when customers make a hotel selection. According to a recent TripAdvisor survey, 71% of travelers reported that they planned to choose hotels based on sustainability over the next year. Thus, hotels that are managed and operating sustainably have a considerable advantage over their competitors. Secondly, sustainability can be a profit center. The main emission sources of carbon footprint in the hotel industry are energy, heating and water. Thus, the reduction in consumption of those elements means that both the size of their carbon footprint and their costs go down, so it is a true win-win for both businesses and the environment. These are just some of the issues that will be examined in the May issue of the Hotel Business Review, which will report on how some hotels are integrating sustainability practices into their operations, and how their businesses are benefiting from them.